Sunday, May 22, 2016

Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes

 I won't be home next week, so there are so many things I have to do before leaving ^^.

 And to tell you the truth, I still can't finish most of my job, haha. But you know me, I can't stay away from my oven (and my blog) even I don't have enough time.
I will go to New York, there are many places that I want to see, many bakeries that I want to try, many museums that I have to bury myself into and many, many things to do ^^. Many bakeries are famous for cupcake and that's the reason that makes me want to make cupcake today. 
This recipe is different from normal cheesecake, as it's a mix of cheesecake and cupcake. When you take a look at it you can see that there are biscuit base and cake part, that look like real cheesecake, right? But the fact is it's a cake batter not a cheesecake. I add cream cheese into the cake batter to give it a lightly tangy taste just like the bake cheesecake ^^. 
I really suggest you to make the frosting (yes, it's delicious on its own), because it made from cream cheese, it complete this cupcake and you can really call it "Strawberry cheesecake"for sure.



Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes




Base
45g ........................... Melted butter
140g ......................... Digestive biscuits, crushed
1tbsp ........................ Honey

Cake batter
125g ......................... Cake flour
1/4tsp ....................... Baking powder
1/4tsp ....................... Baking soda
1/2tsp ....................... Lemon zest
70g ........................... Butter, soft
65g ........................... Cream cheese, soft
115 ........................... Granulated sugar
2 ............................... Eggs
1tbsp ........................ Lemon juice
2tbsp ........................ Milk
1/2tsp ....................... Vanilla extract
130g ........................ Strawberry jam

Cream cheese frosting
160g ......................... Icing sugar
110g ......................... Butter, soft
270g ......................... Cream cheese, soft
1tsp .......................... Vanilla extract
.................................. Fresh strawberries








Preheat an oven to 170C
Put paper cups into 12 muffin tins.


 Mix the biscuit, melted butter and honey together.


 Divide into the prepared tins, press lightly.
Set aside while preparing cake batter.


 Whisk together, flour, baking soda, baking powder and lemon zest.
Put the butter and cream cheese into the bowl, beat with hand mixer until resemble bread crumbs.

 Pour the sugar into the bowl, beat to combine.


 Put milk, eggs, vanilla extract and lemon juice into the bowl.


 Beat until smooth.


 Divide into the prepared tins.
Spoon 1tsp of strawberry jam onto the batter, then use the bamboo stick to make marble effect.


 Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the toothpick insert into the center come out clean.
Let the cake cool completely.


 Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth, add the vanilla extract and icing sugar.


Beat until smooth.
Frost the cake with the frosting and decorate with fresh strawberry.



Strawberry cheesecake cupcakes

3 comments:

  1. Can I put strawberry purée instead of strawberry jam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely recipe! I would love to eat one of those on a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look so SWEEEEEET :D I'd like to take it!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...