Sunday, December 2, 2007

CINNAMON SPRITZ COOKIES

I just got a  ................ then I think that I have to try something up to date this time(as I always make some recipes that I have a chance to read them again when it’s about 2 years past). These cookies seen to be very easy for me, and after my long day of work I really want to bake something that not take so much time (I addicted to bake I must say, it’s relax for me and plus I will have delicious things to eat and to give), with a cookie press, making them take a little time. Because cookies are great for giving, making a lot of them is never be too much (my cookies are gone now, after I taste some buttery and cinnamon little pieces, now only half dozen left).

CINNAMON SPRITZ COOKIES
MAKES ABOUT 5 DOZEN


3½ cups
all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon
salt
1 teaspoon
ground cinnamon
2
vanilla beans, halved lengthwise
1 cup
granulated sugar
3 sticks (12 ounces)
unsalted butter, room temperature
2
large egg yolks
2 teaspoons
ground cinnamon mixed with 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together flour; salt, and cinnamon.
Scrape vanilla seeds into a large bowl, and discard pods. Add sugar, and beat with a mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add butter, and beat until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined.
Attach a wreath disk to a cookie press. Divide dough into 3 portions. Fill press with dough.
Press cookies onto baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
Bake until barely golden, 9 to 12 minutes. Immediately sprinkle cookies with cinnamon sugar. Let cool slightly, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Cookies can be stored for up to 1 week.
From: Martha Stewart Living magazine
Issue: December 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...